Posted on 1/7/17
Phoenix AZ or Los Angeles, CA
Apply online at http://careers.valspar.com/
- Provide technical service support to distribution and OEM accounts in assigned region. Service customer needs through trials, start-ups, trouble-shooting, training and ongoing account maintenance. Assist customers with product selection, testing, and performance specifications.
- Grow Distribution business in the Southern CA, Phoenix and Mexico markets.
- Grow OEM business (primarily KC/Furniture) in same geography. Maintain and increase gross margin contribution via superior technical service support.
- Maintain business relationships with existing customers including developing and executing business plans with customer base.
- Help develop new business from qualified prospects in the market with technical sales reps. Assist commercialization of new distribution and OEM partners.
- Education Level: Undergraduate College Degree – Technical or Business or equivalent experience.
- Years relevant experience: 5+ Years sales & territory management required.
- Proven track record of coating technical service support – preferably wood coatings.
- % Travel Required: 75%
- Required 2nd Language: Spanish
- Distribution and/or OEM Coatings Sales experience preferred.
- Must be highly self-motivated and independent performer.
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers at all levels of the organization – line personnel, production managers, ownership.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong communications skills
- Strong computer skills
- Clear and concise record keeping
- Able to interpret results, summarize and present results
- Exhibits and fosters team behavior in and outside of lab – interacting with internal regional and global teams and external customers.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to direct work with others
- Proactive and is able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Strong product knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Experience in Formulating and testing of coatings.
- Background in Chemistry and Material Science.
- Education Requirements: BS, MS Chemistry and Material Science is preferred.