REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time/Monday – Friday
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: Development of new and the maintenance of existing products and product lines. Provides technical analysis and information for customer and sales support. Responsible for resolving technically related products, environmental and quality issues. Provide guidance in day to day running of plant and business and coaching so that this involvement on routine is minimal. Work with GM to develop sales and technology strategies.
- Research and development of new products
- Maintenance of existing product line including regulatory compliance
- Manage other lab staff and QC
- Screen and prioritize projects by agreed criteria
- Technical support to sales and customers
- Provide input on business and technical issues to aid in business growth strategies
- Use experience to support plant and customer service as necessary
- Coach selected plant staff to take over day to day management
SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of chemistry, particularly polymer chemistry
- Extensive paint formulation and composites experience
- Extensive knowledge of scientific method
- Ability to use lab equipment and processes
- Managerial, leadership, and coaching skills
- Good listening skills
- Excellent use of computer skills including ability to read and understand reports and spreadsheets
- EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Chemistry
- Five years formulating experience. Some experience with solvent borne coatings preferred
- Ability to lead a technical group
- Excellent communication skills to work with production, sales, and management
While performing the duties of this job the employee is routinely required to: sit, walk, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, stretch and use hands to evaluate composites or coatings. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close visions, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position also requires the ability to work under deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions which includes; heat, humidity, cold, and wet. The employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires some travel.
TIME AND ATTENDANCE:
This position requires punctuality and consistent attendance.
If you are interested in this position, please contact:
Karen Henry, SPHR, SHRM-SCP | Senior HR Consultant | HR Alternatives, Inc.
4740 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 130 | Newport Beach, CA 92660
Direct 949.390.6443 | Main 949.453.6250 ext. 109 eFax 949.453.6255
Email karen@HRalternatives.com | www.HRalternatives.com