Posted on 1/16/17
Interested candidates may send resume to email@example.com
Position Overview: Supplier Quality Management
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently to established quality criteria, plan for implementation, and execute quality plans for all products. Includes inspection planning (PPIP), sample approvals (FAS & LS) and training on the requirements.
- Complete supplier surveys and associated supplier approvals.
- Implement required quality metrics and use that data to address supplier improvement and concerns.
- Effectively problem solve production issues as they arrive, related to materials, components, or packaging product.
- Travel independently throughout the supply base to address issues and concerns, adjusting to the different work environments at suppliers’ facilities.
- Head up efforts for nonconforming material review and corrective action assignment to the suppliers.
- Support the Supplier Quality Manager in carrying out higher level requirements and projects.
- Interface with upper management and provide needed feedback for important decisions.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with others.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in Quality Engineering within a plastics manufacturing / processing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in an Material Science or in an Engineering discipline, required
- Experience in Polymer, Paint and Wafers highly desired.
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma certification, highly desired.
- Exhibits a solid product and manufacturing process knowledge base and have growth potential to lead small teams (2-3 people).
- Good problem solver. Can work independently to make important decisions. Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Quality systems, Quality process controls, material performance testing.
- General understanding of Advance Quality Planning, e.g. AIAG PPAP’s.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and sound statistical application in areas such as DOE, sampling techniques, regression, reliability, FMEA, hypothesis testing ect.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. mini-tab, etc.).