Posted on 1/16/17
Interested candidates may send resume to email@example.com
Position Overview: The Manufacturing Quality Engineer will support all areas of the production process involved in the manufacturing of eyewear. Areas may include molding of lenses and frames, painting, profile cutting of optical lenses, thin film iridium coating, and assembly. This support is from start to finish, including overseeing NPI, pilot builds, and regular production. This also includes a thorough understanding and drive to resolve and prevention of NCMRs and defects. This is a combined role wherein the people appointed have ‘cradle to grave’ responsibility for specific processes and will become the specialist for their area, with an in-depth understanding of the full process. The Manufacturing Quality Engineer will build expertise and ownership that can then be translated into ‘right first time’, builds. With yield gains, scrap reductions, and process improvement established as part of their KPIs. This role will create true process champions who are able to speak with authority and knowledge about their process group(s) and form part of a world class team, who are able to prevent defects, make processes robust, and clearly communicate with cross functional groups.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works safety and maintains a safe, organized and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Reports safety hazards and work-related injuries to supervision immediately
- Work effectively and collaboratively with others.
- Process control and variation reduction.
- Lead Corrective and Preventive Actions using appropriate 8D and/or DMAIC Six Sigma methodology to address quality issues.
- Subject matter expert in the assigned manufacturing areas.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- BS degree in an engineering field
- 5+ years in your field (quality engineering, process control, manufacturing engineering)
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply statistical tools and methods to problem solving in a quality or process improvement area.
- Knowledge of standard software tools and analysis processes
- Ability to drive investigative root cause analysis of functional issues
- Excellent leadership & interpersonal skills along with the ability to work with others positively.
- This position is located in Foothill Ranch, CA and may require up to 10% travel.