Company: Epmar Santa Fe Springs CA
Job Summary: With minimal direction, plan and execute complex multi-disciplinary research projects that result in the development of new products, principles, new technology, and/or a new understanding of Epmar’s core technology based upon standards and goals set forth by the research director. The chemist is responsible for coaching and educating others in the technical organization in their area of expertise, along with assisting others on respective projects and research.
- Lead largely autonomously, or execute, a board variety of experimental activities to further the knowledge and state of the art of technologies, leading to the successful completion of R & D projects.
- Develop and improve products used in a variety of manufacturing and mechanical systems, in order to enhance processes, safety and quality in order to meet customer needs and provide solutions to application problems
- Investigation and utilization of raw materials in newly developed and existing products. Resolving of customer related issues.
- Develop new and innovative tests that enhance the ability to analyze the field performance, performance predictability, physical or chemical properties of existing and under development products. Evaluate and recommend purchasing of new equipment. Ensure and report on the statistical significance of all data.
- Work cautious, safely, and wear PPE accordingly. Lookout for others safety and embrace Epmar’s safety culture.
- Project work is performed in cooperation with a variety of internal and external contacts/departments.
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the performance attributes of competitive products and as necessary, lead programs to uncover the key attributes that contribute to competitors state of the art technology, in order to fill technology gaps or develop advantaged technology. Determine performance characteristics of competitive products using physical, instrumental and wet analysis techniques.
- Clearly and orderly record all observations and data. Report results in a clear and concise manner to enhance technical exchange Provide legal and archival documentation for patent applications.
- Coaching and/or directing the work of Chemists I and Technicians in all areas of responsibility.
- Investigate applicability of new and replacement raw materials in order to enhance performance and minimize cost. Evaluate and incorporate alternate raw materials in existing products.
- Assistance Sales & Marketing in troubleshooting customer problems and understanding competitive products..
- Provide assistance to manufacturing in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the manufacturing process. Assist manufacturing and the quality assurance lab in solving quality and production problems.
- Uphold Quaker Chemical Corporation (parent company) CORE values: customer commitment, safety, integrity, teamwork, respect, diversity &inclusion, excellence, and entrepreneurship.
- Advanced practical and theoretical knowledge of Epmar’s core technologies specifically polyurethances (polyurea and polyaspartics a plus). Knowledge of Epoxy, Acrylic, Kraton polymers, acid stains formulations and applications to different markets/industries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent with at least 5 – 15 years’ experience or a Master’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent with at least 3 years’ experience or PH.D.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment, to work at different projects at the same time, and to think analytically.
- Must have good prioritization and communication skills (oral and writing).
- Must be involved, careful, precise, team player, flexible, result/customer oriented and takes initiative.
- Previous management or leadership experience a plus.
Epmar Corporation and AC Products are wholly owned subsidiaries of Quaker Chemical Corporation. For over 25 years, we have been developing, manufacturing, and marketing low and zero VOC coatings and adhesives. These custom formulated products derived from water borne systems, epoxies, polyurethanes, polyureas and reactive stains continue to bring value to our customers in the following markets: aerospace, bath ware, environmental, electronics, marine, concrete and construction industries. We are located in Santa Fe Springs, CA and Whittier, CA and offer competitive compensation and benefits. #
Apply for Development Chemists II using the link below: